Sunday, May 06, 2007

Seis de Mayo ("6th of May")...

...Sunday is the day San Jose celebrates Cinco de Mayo (the 5th of May), regardless of the actual day it falls on, because apparently a whole pile of the organizers only get time off on Sundays.

So, I took the Light Rail into town for church, and happened to stop right outside where the parade was starting, and be half an hour early. So I stayed to watch. It's a very hot and reasonably windy day - I want to go in the pool after this! First hot day all week.

Some highlights from the parade:

Sharks are the local San Jose football team, and here's a fire engine painted in their honour... blasting (Cypress Hill's?) "Jump around" and filled with nervous-looking girls.

Raiders super-SUV: these are surprisingly common. This is what I meant when I told you all about those huge mega-SUV's. The Raiders also had a few people dressed up with a sign saying "Say No to Drugs!"


Brendan and I have noticed this company before: Bad Boys Bail Bonds. I think it's one of my favourite company names. Look closely at the picture to find out their slogan...

And finally, if you go to our album, there are many nice classic car pictures just for Wal and for Geoff. However, one final picture: the biggest Humvee limo ever! (There were four of these in different colours.) Enjoy.

No comments: