Wednesday, January 17, 2007

the couch has appeared

Two days ago, we also found the couch. Mealz didn't believe me when I saw her today - her mouth made an 'O' and she said, "Really?" a few times. The office looks pretty bare. I will post the photos, I just can't work out how to do it yet.

Brendan was officially awarded his first-class honours last night. I don't htink I'll find out if I have Distinction in my diploma or not until I actually apply to graduate.

Lingzi came round last night with Leo and bought Hells pizza - yay! I felt bad though cos Brendan's mum arrived at 10pm and we hadn't done any packing, so we ended up sending her off at 1am with half a car-load, and she drove all the way from Levin and she brought champagne and yummy things to eat.

We've spent quite a lot of time and money (on phone calls) looking for a house in the States. Brendan has rung quite a few apartment blocks to find out if they have rooms available, and they don't. The only ones we've found so far which have free apartments are http://palmvalleyapts.com. The other interns live here, and they recommended them. It's very flash, though, and kinda expensive for our budget, and I just want a simple furnished apartment which doesn't cost too much so we can save a bit of money. The other interns all flat together, so it's not expensive for them. I think it's better to wait until we're there and can make a better judgement.

It doesn't feel very real, though. I'm counting the sleeps, but it isn't working. It doesn't really seem to get closer, except on a conceptual level. Though I doubt that is working either. I'm very tired.

Sunday looks like a really warm day in San Jose - high of 16 degrees C and a low of 4, compared to the recent highs of 8 and 12 degrees C. America is currently experiencing a huge ice storm whicfh is doing lots of damage, and it's killed most of the fruit crops in California - something like 70 or 80 percent. Which means fruit and vegies will be much more expensive the whole time we are there. :(

No comments: