Thursday, January 18, 2007

Stress

Recently, people have been saying to me, "How exciting that you're moving!" My response has always been, "No, it's scary!" I thought about this for a while, and thought it probably reflected something about my mental state at the moment. Then someone at work pointed out that it was exciting and not stressful in their minds because they didn't have to organise it!

I am so tired right now. And not really functioning. So is Brendan. Haven't been for days. Last night we had our flat reunion at a new Vietnamese restaurant recommended by Snow - Gallery Deli (very nice and reasonably priced). But when we got home, due to both of us having limited sleep recently, I was just too tired to do much. There is so much to do, although we're slowly getting on top of it, we need more time and I'm really worried we won't finish it all.

I've been trying to figure out what to do with my huge, hulking great computer desk. It really needs 6 normal people or two heavy-lifting muscle guys to lift it, it's almost solid wood. Or at least, we needed 6 normal people to get it into our flat, Brendan and I coudl only carry it in about 10cm-bursts. So I rang the Salvation Army to pick it up. They refused to take it until next Wednesday. Refused to carry it out of the house, since it needed extra people. Refused to pick it up if it was on the street for a few days. When I pointed out that I had bought it from that shop a year ago, and therefore if they had been willing to pick it up from someone else's house a year ago it must have been OK, the man reluctantly agreed to pick it up. Maybe. If I managed to get my hostel to help me sort it out. They knew all about my hostel. I guess they get lots of business there.

Geoff's friend saved me all this bother. He walked into the study yesterday as Geoff was showing him Brendan's screen, saw my desk and told Geoff he wanted it as he had been looking for one like that for ages. He's even willing to come pick it up. Porblem solved.

Last day at work today.

Brendan's Dad comes tonight to move all our heavy/ large stuff. Need to send our computers by 5pm today. Brendan is very sad cos he can't take his speakers, they would cost too much to ship.

5 DAY FORECAST - San Jose - all sunny and getting warmer!
Thursday 57°F (14°C) 35°F (2°C)
Friday 61°F (16°C) 39°F (4°C)
Saturday 58°F (14°C) 40°F (4°C)
Sunday 63°F (17°C) 40°F (4°C)
Monday 63°F (17°C) 39°F (4°C)

No comments: